
There was a (not-so-old) man who (almost) swallowed a fly... I'm not sure why!
Parenting is anything but passive. Nathan was working diligently as my assistant the other day while putting on a bedskirt. While the matress was off the bed, the box springs provided a perfect spot for climbing... and reaching the adjacent window sill. I had noticed a dead fly in the window a day or two earlier but simply never remembered to go in there and get it. Now I realized with alarm that the fly had gone missing. And my small friend seemed to be munching on something!
Thankfully, with a mouth full of teeth, Nathan understands "spit it out" and promptly produced the dead fly in two pieces. Why, o why? Oh my!

Miss L- is learning to tap dance and likes to practice her kung fu moves. I think she's figured out that the weighty object that sometimes pounces on her may require some seriously tough little sister skills once she's out of the womb. She's 27 weeks today.
We are excitedly awaiting the Fall Festival at church tomorrow. Nathan has his cowboy outfit all layed out and we've heard they're going to have a petting zoo. He'll be all smiles and all legs when he catches on to the commotion. Should be quite a sight!
1 comment:
Nathan looks quite mischevous, and you look quite glowing. I'll have to remember to scan my ledges and shelves for insects as Helen grows... :)
Love, LAUREN
Post a Comment