Last week, we got Jason's voicemail on one of those frequent calls to check in on Dad. Nathan, wanted to leave a message. That went something like...
Hi Dad, may I have a chicken house?
Call me back.
I love you, bye, bye, bye.
Nathan had been to the feed store with Grandpa earlier that week and got to see the chickens. He has developed a total fascination with them now. So he asked me if we could have a chicken. And I asked him where would the chicken live. He thought hard about it. Maybe in a chicken house I suggested. Yeah, a chicken house he agreed. Can we have a chicken house? I told him he should ask Dad. So later that day, the aforementioned "conversation" was completely spontaneous.
In the bath tub the other day, Nathan was trying to lift both Noelle's legs out of the water at the same time. I told him not to. Then a couple minutes later, I caught him very close to doing it again. He had thought I wasn't watching. So I told him...
"Nathan, even when Mom is not watching, God is watching. You need to obey."
Nathan looked at me very quizzically and eyed the room, "Where is God?"
I said, "God is everywhere and He can see you all the time."
Nathan responded, "Let's go see Him!"
No comments:
Post a Comment