And I wish it wasn't literal but...
A few days ago I was at the end of a busy day (what day isn't busy with four children and none in school). I was cooking dinner - tacos, giving baths, mediating disputes, and saying things like "Don't lick her!". And my hero arrived. In royal blue scrubs, with a smile on his face and a hug for me. Which I basked in just long enough to wonder what was smoking... and as the kitchen toaster caught both sets of eyes, we gasped to see smoke billowing out. The I-was-just-trying-to-toast-them taco shells had caught on fire. Jason ran over (while holding Joshua) and I just stood beside them and gawked. Then as the smoke alarms (all of them) started screaming, I grabbed Joshua and ran to console the girls. Jason ran for the fire extinguisher and with a level-headedness typical of a surgeon, precisely extinguished the fire - with a very well confined mess of whatever that stuff is. After which, he quickly unwired two of the fire alarms and silenced the deafening sirens in our house. Then I comforted the terrified little blond girls hugging each other in the bathroom... And we all sat down for dinner.
How else can I say it?! Our home is full of life, problems, joys, tears, smiles, hurts, hugs, songs, prayers. It's my dream home. It's full of the ones I love and held together by the One we love.
More to come.
5 comments:
Good to see you back on your blog. I check it every now and then. Thanks so much for the update letter. From BD to Alaska- quite the change!
God bless you guys!
Meghan Dempsey
Thanks Meghan! You're a faithful follower. I'm amazed anyone still checks. :-) Blessings.
I double checked to make sure I had your blog address in our database and had to click the link to take a look. Reading about your day in the life brought back sweet memories of when I was at home caring for my boys. Sometimes crazy and silly things happened but I reflect with sweet joy those precious memories. Enjoy!
we can relate. the shower in our guest bathroom sets off out smoke alarm. Last summer while 9 months prego I was taking a shower in there trying to clean the tub and the alarm went off. One terrified little girl and one mommy wrapped in a bath towel stood out outside while I figured out what had happened!
love it! Sophie is very interested in Alaska and our friends who live there. Can you post more pix??
love,
ames
Post a Comment